229 Phillips Avenue
Rivesville, WV 26588-9716
RIVESVILLE SCHOOL HAPPENINGS
4- Both Cohorts Return for 4 day instruction
20-First of Spring
31- Students Work Remotely
4/1-Students Work Remotely
4/2- Good Friday/No school
4/5- School Closed
2/14- Valentine's Day
2/24- Parent Engagement Night with Coach Loya (virtual)
1/4-1/19 Remote Learning
Updates For Second Semester:
Teachers are contacting students/parents for learning options starting second semester. All parents are required to respond to your teacher for your preference of two-day blended learning or full distance learning.
Second semester begins Thursday, January 21st. Any student changing their learning model will not start with their cohort until after that date. In-person instruction for Cohort B starts January 21st and Cohort A will begin on January 25th.
Meals and assignment pick-up and drop-off will continue on Wednesdays.
More information related to the return will follow.
12/3-12/6 Remote Learning
12/9- Meal Pick Up
12/1-All learners, blended and distance, need to be prepared to pick up and drop off assignments this Wednesday. Teachers will notify you of the need to do so. Some grades may not require this. The times are from 10 - 6 and this will be the process if we continue with remote learning. Grade level bins will be placed outside of the cafeteria.
11/30-The Marion County BOE has received confirmation from the Marion County Health Department of more positive cases of COVID-19 in Marion County Schools. Governor Justice put us in remote mode through Dec. 2. With the increase in cases and having difficulties in some schools with enough staff to have school, we will be extending the remote learning through Dec. 4. Students will not return to school in-person until December 7. This should coincide with the majority who would be ending their quarantine period and provide for a safer return to in-person learning for Blended students.
The meal pick-up scheduled for Monday, November 30th is still taking place. However, the one scheduled for Wednesday, December 2 is cancelled. Our school assignment pick-up and drop-off will still take place on Wednesday from 10-6. You child’s teacher will relay information to you regarding the pick-up and drop-off. Please participate in scheduled instructional Teams meetings while we are remote learning and submit completed work through Google Classroom as much as possible. Please stay safe and healthy and we’ll see you soon. Check here often for other updates.
3- Election Day-No School
4- Meal Pick Up
11-Veteran's Day-No School
12- Meal Pick Up
18- Meal Pick Up
23- Meal Pick Up (For the week of Thanksgiving)
23-25- Students work from home
6-PTC -contact your child's teacher for times.
7- Meal Pick Up
14-Meal Pick Up
21-Meal Pick Up
28-Meal Pick Up
October Ram Family Letter:
- Please see the Rivesville Facebook page to see how to log into CLEVER. This will help you with websites at home.
* School supervision starts at 8:00.
* You must have a photo id to pick up your child early.
* Please have your yellow pass if you are picking them up at the end of the school day.
* If there are any schedule changes, a parent or guardian must write a written letter to request the change in the morning.
*Students should be logged into Google Classroom, Office 365, Dojo, and maintain communication with the teacher.
* Please find and "Like" our school facebook page: Rivesville Elementary Middle School (black and white ram head)
* Meal Pick up will be held every Wednesday from 11:00am-12:30am behind the cafeteria. Please contact the school to register for meals.
Monday 7th- NO SCHOOL LABOR DAY
Tuesday 8 th-
Cohort A (A-L)
Wednesday 9 th-
Cohort B (M-Z)
Thursday 10 th-
Cohort A (A-L)
Cohort B (M-Z)
September 4th- VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE Q/A: After our virtual open house, we had a lot of similar questions.
Here are answers to some recently asked questions. As always, please call the school if you have any questions.
1. Livegrades is not accurate but is currently being updated. Please go by the phone call you received for your child’s homeroom teacher. The 6th grade blended homeroom teacher is Kelsey Offutt.
2. If you did not receive a parent link phone call, please contact the school so we can check/update phone numbers.
3. 4th grade – Both Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Hobbs have a Cohort A on Mondays and Tuesdays. Mrs. Miller only has a Cohort B on Thursdays and Fridays. Mrs. Hobbs is teaching all the five day a week distance learners.
4. Distance learners will have an assigned homeroom teachers.
5. 5th grade will not be switching classes during the day.
6. Emily Faddis is our new PE teacher and Kelsey Offutt is our new 6th grade ELA and Math teacher.
7. Jonathon Delligatti is subbing for Mrs. Dawkins and Michelle Mascaro is subbing for Mrs. Bess.
8. Please follow the re-entry soft start schedule from OUR plan that was posted. It is from the most recent Marion County BOE plan. The following week moves to Cohort A reporting Monday and Tuesday and Cohort B reporting Thursday and Friday.
Virtual Open House
August 31-We are very excited for the return of school in RAM Nation. Please see the items below while we finalize our plans for the opening of school.
1) Continue to follow our page, as we will be posting our virtual open house this Thursday.
2) We will be sending out a school messenger phone call that will inform you of your child's classroom/homeroom teacher. This will be important information, because you will want to navigate to the proper class in our virtual open house.
3) If your child requires medication at school, please contact the school nurse as soon as possible. It is our goal to get medication delivered to school before the return of students. When dropping off medication you will be required to wear a face covering.
Welcome back all Rivesville Rams! We are excited to start a new school year.
- Parents/Guardians: Please take a minute to review the School Reentry Plan. Click on the link below.
September 7- Labor Day- No School
September 8-11- Soft Opening. Please click on the link above to find out when your son or daughter attends school that week.
September 14-18- Cohort A (Monday/Tuesday) Cohort B (Thursday/ Friday) Wednesday is a distance day for all students. Google Classroom, TEAMS, Office 365 and Live Grades will be utilized by all. Be sure you can access these platforms.
Distance Learners M-F- Log onto Google Classroom/Office 365 for assignments and emails. Be sure you can access these platforms.
RIVESVILLE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS
A BIG SHOUT OUT : To all distance learners. RAM NATION YOU ROCK!
TITLE ONE /COUNSELORS CORNER
Kella Zicafoose - Kindergarten
Catie Latocha - Kindergarten
Trina Clevenger - 1st Grade
Jill Barnhart - 1st Grade
Terry Morris - 2nd Grade
Sarah Mitchell - 2nd grade
Holly Bowyer- 3rd Grade
Sara Parrucci-3rd Grade
Stephanie Miller - 4th Grade
Melissa Hobbs - 4th Grade
Andrea Manns- 5th Grade
Katrina Wilson - 5th Grade
Crystal Adkins - Special Education
Colleen Usary-Special Education
Mary Jolliffe - Title I
Tabitha Young - Title I
Middle School Teachers
Kayla Dawkins - Science
Rose Ann Thomas - Math
Chris Malnick - Social Studies
Leah Bess - ELA
Kelsey Offutt - RLA
Patty Desmuke - Special Education
Bill Wagner - Health
Tyson Furgason - Principal
Chris Binotto - Assistant Principal
Erica Gouty - Secretary
Terry Cunningham- School Counselor
Stephanie Biafore - Speech Therapist
Kim Hamilton-Speech Therapist
Sheena Hershman: Library
Tricia Moore: Art
Ann Romano - School Nurse
Emily Faddis: Physical Education
Bill Wagner: Physical Education