Parents and Guardians,
Please be aware of this exciting technology assistance opportunity named EBB. Under EBB, a household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers' existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
EBB offers homes a $50 per month discount toward broadband services to eligible homes and $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop or table from participating providers if the family contributes more than $10, but less than $50 towards the purchase price. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. For more information, please see the Emergency Broadband Benefit Site and contact the provider in your area.